Functioning as a Practitioner
Ethics, boundaries, relationships, rapport, records, case studies
To establish, utilise and update a client health record; communicate in a professional manner and set clear boundaries in a kinesiology practice; establish personal ethical behaviour and respect client’s rights in a health care context.
Those who have completed this unit will be able to describe professional health care relationships, set clear boundaries and communicate with both individuals and groups in a professional manner; function in an ethical manner, respect the rights of clients and liaise with other health practitioners in a professional manner; apply client history to establish desired outcomes, maintain client rapport, facilitate client towards self-responsibility model, keep clinical records, make necessary referrals.
What you will learn in BKP 110™:
- PKP – Client History
- PKP – Client Rapport
- Ethical behaviour in a health care context
- Consumer rights in a health care context.
- Creating a PKP clinical record
- Update a PKP client health record
- Using a client health record and creating a case study
- PKP – Referrals
- Describe professionally conducted health care relationships
- Professional communication with individuals
- Professional communication with groups
- Setting clear boundaries in a professional manner in a kinesiology practice
- Contributing to the development of Kinesiology
- Maintaining compliance with legal requirements
- Summative assessment preparation
- BKP 1.109