We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us:
- Our website may require you to add your email address to receive emails from us;
- We ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, physical address if you purchase a product on our website or register as an Instructor.
- Information we get from your use of our website: We collect information about how you interact with our website through Google Analytics. This information includes:
- Device information: We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version);
- Location information: We collect information about your location such as your city and country location;
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from your interaction with our website to improve and develop our products, to offer you tailored content such as email newsletters about our products, and to process orders made by you through our eCommerce system. PKP Practitioners and ICPKP Faculty Members who have registered on the website also have the ability to post personal data on their public Practitioner and College Profile pages.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Unsubscribe from our email marketing database at any time;
- Delete your online account at any time.
If you do not provide the requested information, you may not be able to access our services.
Accessing and updating your personal information
When you use our products, you have rights to access to and correction of your personal information we have collected and hold. You are entitled to request us to provide access and to correct your personal information held by us. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organisations and individuals outside of ICPKP unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent.
For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of ICPKP if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- To avoid prejudice to the maintenance of law by any public sector agency, including prejudice to the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution and punishment of offences;
- For the enforcement of a law that imposes a pecuniary penalty;
- For the protection of public revenue;
- For the conduct of legal proceedings;
- To prevent or lessen a threat to public health or safety or the life or health of an individual.
We work hard to protect ICPKP and our customers from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- Data Breach Policies: We and our providers have very strong security protocols in place to protect our data and information and your own personal information. In the extremely unlikely event that we have a data breach that is likely to cause serious harm and involves or concerns your personal information, we will contact you immediately by email advising you of full details of the data breach, what personal information has been or may have been compromised, the steps we are taking to rectify the data breach and any advice we have for you to minimise the effect of the breach on your own security.
- We also review our information collection, storage and processing practices and protocols, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access, use, modification to systems and information or unauthorised disclosure or misuse of personal information;
- We restrict access to personal information to ICPKP employees, contractors and agents who need to know information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or employment terminated if they fail to meet those obligations.